Due to Clan Cup, I had to update the news earlier than I would have liked. The preceding news post discusses the Halloween Art Project and our Halloween Party.
You can read it here: http://rogueninjacivilization.shivtr.com/news_entries/369282
First of all - CONGRATULATIONS! We placed 10th place out of 60 registered clans in the first week of Clan Cup. You can read more at the thread link I mention below or here on Reddit. Huge shoutout to StarryEyed, JayValentine, Pinwit, Mikerell and Yancy for a job well done!
Onto Week 2...
I'm going to do my best to summarize the highlights of this thread here, but if you're competing on the RNC's behalf, I would take the time to read it for yourself.
Up to ten clan members have to do their best to kill Yakamaru as fast as possible. Speed is the main element here. Only one person has to film this kill - however, all members must be in a RS Group and the video must display all the names of the people in the group.
Rules relating to the Kill:
1) Only one kill is required.
2) Participant who films the kill must have 1 Bucket of Sand in their inventory at all times during the submission.
Rules relating to Banned Items:
1) You may not use either the normal or berserk Mahjarrat auras (other auras are OK).
2) You may not use Instakill darts.
3) Any kind of combat dummy is not allowed. You can however build adrenaline on another NPC.
Note: Planted Feet on weapon switch is allowed.
Rules relating to your Settings:
1) Be sure to set your game filter to ON at the end so we can pick up what your time is.
Rules relating to your Interface:
1) The interface must have no less than 10-15% transparency. (Edit this by pressing Esc->Interface Settings and moving the slider to the right.)
2) The buff bar, worn equipment and chat interfaces (displaying the name of your character) must all be displayed on your game screen and not obscured in any way.
Example of Good Interface: Good Example
Examples of Bad Interface: Bad Interface Example 1, Bad Interface Example 2
Rules relating to the Video:
1) The player recording the submission is responsible for quick chatting their Yakamaru kill count before the kill, and again after the kill.
2) Video must not exceed 20 minutes.
3) Twitch streams are acceptable, as long as they don't affect the interface.
I will handle any editing of the video; just make sure you film it correctly and get everything in the film that needs to be there.
List of RNC Members Who We Would Like to Participate:
2) Sir Epic
8) Nathan Golf
9) Night Fury I
Starry wanted me to share the following resources with you all in preparation of our next event:
Junesong Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPhArYwIamk
Justice RS Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUAwk836iaw
Role - Base Tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdp8JbP_DQ;
Role - Stun DPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21HK3hvT8A
Role - DPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcOjlS4lXns
Role - Poison Tank & CPR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoQ6IwYzqU
Role - North Tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xnYHpJ_Ifw
**If you need a recorder, use this website: https://obsproject.com/index
1) Go to top right hand corner, hit Download (next to Home and Forum).
2) Choose your operating system and Studio.
3) Once it installs, in the "Source Box" (at the bottom, 2nd from the left), click the "+" button and click "Game Capture", choose RuneScape. Could also do "Display Capture".
4) In bottom right hand corner, click Settings, then click Output, change "Recording Format" to mp4.
That should enable you to record your screen.
When you're done, upload the video to YouTube and paste the link below in comments!
Dooms Screenie Spam